Likes/Hobbies: Libraries, old books, anthropology (linguistic, cultural and biological), history (particularly Asian and South-American), languages, neuropsychology (this one is the love of my life), school, 'pure' people, statistics, science magazines, JSTOR, finding research paper topics and reading the relevant literature, anime, manga, pajamas, pillows.
Dislikes/Pet peeves: Crowds, loud music (consequently, people who walk around in the subway while I can hear their music), group projects, intellectual dishonesty, stupidity, lack of curiosity, overemotional people, exercising, having to take action, vegetables, people who try to drag me to clubs or bars (even if I was old enough), housekeeping tasks, spelling and grammar mistakes, depending on others, bullies, exhortation, people who still can't use proper referencing styles after two years of college, people who can't appreciate sarcasm, being called an overachiever, people who call me smart and then have a pathetic attempt at manipulating me.
- My intrinsic curiosity.
- Childish enthusiasm.
- Good memory and observation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new situations.
- Good control of my emotions.
- I am skillful at manipulation when circumstances demand it.
- My objectivity and rapidity when it comes to crisis situations.
- I'm actually (surprisingly) trustworthy.
- Strong logic.
- Sometimes (most of the time), people can't seem to be able to tell whether I'm serious or not.
- Sometimes outwardly flighty while in reality I'm sedate.
- Arrogance, cynicism and sarcasm.
- I tend to avoid all action and resort to hiding inside my own mind.
- Inability to trust (one of those "kid who skipped a grade gets bullied" stories).
- I'm physically weak.
- I forget to do things that are related to 'real life' (turning my library books in on time, changing out of my slippers when I leave the house, birthdays, etc).
- I'm often unable to muster deep attachments to other people.
- I tend to be very blunt, even when people are looking for emotional support.
- I'm easily bored and need constant mental stimulation.
- I'm messy (and I don't clean up after myself).
- Understanding theories.
- Rapid reading and typing.
Favorite Color and why?: Grey. It just represents me.
Favorite Sport: If it can be considered a sport, memorizing a textbook the evening before a test. Yes, memorizing.
Mature or Immature?: Both. I'm mature in that I know where I'm at in my life and in that I know when to be serious, but also immature in that I find it very hard to curb my negative behavior towards others.
Leader or Follower? Explain why you believe you are that way: I'm a natural leader, but will only take that place if I deem it necessary. I prefer to sit by the sidelines without having to follow or lead anyone. I REALLY dislike following people who are incompetent at what they are doing.
Some Thoughtful Questions
If you were an alchemist--what would be your specialty and why? >.< Oh dear. Book attack? Just kidding. Probably something involving imagination and theory more than practice.
You have a friend who digs turning objects into gold. S/he doesn't care about the taboo. Do you tell the authorities, join up with him or her, or congratulate/scold the person but leave them alone? Why? I'd probably congratulate this person and then just sit by and watch with interest.
If you could get rid of your most painful memory, would you? Explain why or why not. No way. No one changes the way my mind is, even if it's to get rid of something unpleasant.
Answer honestly. Could you kill someone? The very first time is the hardest, most say. Could you look down the barrel of a gun--or whatever weapon you have--and pull the proverbial trigger? If the person had done something horrid to you? If that person had killed the best person in your life? Remember that you'll likely go to jail/get in some form of trouble--so think who you might rather go to jail for too or if it's even worth it. If there's a risk of repercussions, no.
Is there anyone you look up to in your life? And I mean in real life, not anime or movies. Real life (where it is rumored that the three-dimensional roam). If so, who is it and why? If not, why not? No one. People in general just don't inspire me.
Do the ends really justify the means? Don’t look at anime/movies/books/ect—because usually, they do. Think of your own life and the real world around you. In the utilitarian sense, yes.
Are you pedantic? Painfully so.
If you didn’t/hadn’t know what that word in the above question meant—did/would you look it up or just wing an answer? I'm a walking dissertation, so I tend to know. If I don't know something, I look it up.